Monday, November 11, 2013

Market wanderings

 photo IMG_3779_zps0c4db883.jpg

I little while ago I posted about 10 Things you can do in Brisbane on a weekend and outlined a few of the great farmer's markets you can visit to get your fix of fresh fruit and veg, good coffee and superior flowers.

But dear reader's I must admit that in that post I failed to include the ahhhmazing Kelvin Grove Urban Village markets. I stumbled across a month or two ago and now I can't leave them alone - you must get yourselves there asap!

Conveniently located (and by that I mean it is close to my house and my favourite frozen yoghurt shop) in Kelvin Grove this market is smaller than most but it makes up for it in quality. The produce is the best I have seen and the prices are significantly lower than more popular markets in Brisbane. Think huge bunches of kale for $3 and delicious fresh mangos at $2.50 a pop.

 photo IMG_3780_zps14da769b.jpg
 photo IMG_3775_zps395cd9fd.jpg
Plus there is (my personal favourite) a store that sells ice tea...in mason jars! I know it is painfully hipster but I am so obsessed with the hibiscus and green tea 'flavours' that I have amassed my own little collection of mason jars from my weekend visits...can you say cocktail hour at Kirst's house?
 photo IMG_3778_zps5b98d6ff.jpg











Other reasons that make the KG Village markets great are the handful of local designers and homeware stores like Paddington fair trade favourite Spout and Sherpa which sells gorgeous handmade products.

All in all, you can pick up your groceries (4 Aussie eye fillets for $20!), some new purchases for your living room, a bunch of flowers for your mum and all without having to fork our your entire pay packet or battle a million other market goers equipped with their 'danger carts'.

What more could you ask for?

The Urban Village Markets run every Saturday from 6am - 1pm so mark it in your diaries and get shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment