Sunday, May 19, 2013

A small step, a giant leap.


I feel free. A giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders and for the first time in a long time I feel excited about the future.

Last week I resigned from my job. It was a long time coming and it took a lot of courage, sleepless nights and guts for me to finally listen to my heart and do what I’d wanted to do for so long.

Quit.

I will start my new job in 4 weeks time…it’s unlike anything I’ve ever done before and I already know it will be hugely challenging but I can’t wait.

I finally feel as if I have momentum and am going forward rather than being stuck in a rut.

It feels so great to be in control of my own happiness again and I wanted to write this to say that if you are struggling with a big decision – try to block all the logical and negative thoughts out and listen to that small voice deep down inside of you.

People will criticise you no matter what you do so listen to yourself and be brave, because remember: fortune favours the brave.

xx Kirst


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Glad you finally took courage and quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - there's nothing like a big, brave step out into the world to get your blood pumping!

    Congrats Kirsten, I hope the new adventure is amazing for you!

    ReplyDelete