Monday, February 25, 2013

Zombie’s and Getting Lei’d…a typical Birthday Bash really

 photo IMG_4157_zps45aecdf2.jpg
Birthday girls! B, Caz and I
 photo IMG_2639_zps7f1b1640.jpg
We've been friends for almost 15 years...hopefully we'll celebrate many more Birthday's together
As you know it was my birthday waaaaay back on the 7th of February, but it wasn’t until Saturday night that I celebrated the occasion alongside my fellow February birthday girl friends – one of whom is the beautiful B
 photo IMG_2651_zps39dec438.jpg
I'm wearing the Gorman Cherokee Teadress (Christmas gift from my amazing boyfriend), Tony Bianco wedges from the Iconic and clutch from Colette by Collette Hayman. B is wearing a dress from Kitten D'Amour.
In previous years we’ve held parties at AllOneWord and Limes Bar but this year the call of Coconut and Lime Margaritas and Scorpion bowls of Jamaican Divorce was too strong to resist and we headed to the White Lightening Tiki Bar at Alfred and Constance to celebrate turning another year older. What a night it was.

 photo IMG_2649_zpsfaac9394.jpg
I already feel like a regular at this joint despite it only opening up in the silly season last year -  I just can’t get enough of the place. I’m not even kidding when I say that if I could move in, I would.  Yes it is overpopulated with twenty-something hipsters which can be annoying for the rest of us, but the beauty of A&C is that you feel like you’re at the best house party you’ve ever been to.

Which isn’t really a surprise because it is essentially two old Queenslanders' converted into what I like to imagine Heaven is like.

 photo IMG_2692_zps68183102.jpg photo IMG_2654_zps9222608d.jpg

It’s kitschy and cute with its tiki-mugs and Hawaiian-shirt clad staff but it also offers up delicious food, tasty tiki cocktails and an eclectic mix of tunes including all those 90s classics that people love after one or two cold bevvies… (‘Steal my sunshine’ by Len and ‘Jump’ by Kriss Kross proved particularly  popular on Saturday).
 photo IMG_4195_zps84df79b3.jpg
All in all our whole party seemed to have a great night at Alfred and Constance. We started early enough on the Tiki-deck to drink Pina-Coladas as the sun set over Brisbane then we danced the night away in our leis and shimmied out the door before the taxi queues becoming unbearable.
 photo IMG_2642_zps1c5ad49e.jpg

Although a fledgling on the scene, Alfred and Constance really is one of Brisbane’s best bars if you’re looking for a super fun and relaxed atmosphere – in my opinion two things that are key to having a great night out. I'd highly recommend stopping by for a cheeky drink or a bite to eat  if you're in the area...I guarantee you won't regret it!
 photo IMG_2656_zpsf3b4b36f.jpg
I know you can't really see but on my nails I wore these nail stickers from Kit Cosmetics
I mean how can anyone have a bad night surrounded by their friends with a Zombie in hand and a bartender wearing a sailor hat?

 photo IMG_2667_zps015acd8d.jpg
My blogging partner Ina and I
 photo IMG_2709_zps23175161.jpg
The awkward crouch
Until next time you'll know where to find me xx Kirst

 photo IMG_4388_zpscceddc40.jpg

Alfred and Constance on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment