Monday, February 11, 2013

A leopard love

Some loves you just never let go of. They stay with you, close to your heart, and you're unable or unwilling to shake the off.

Such is my love for leopard. Or perhaps obsession? But why leopard print some may ask?

Since the dawn of time (ok perhaps the first half of the 20th Century) leopard print has signified glamour and sex appeal. It’s eye-catching, chic, and fun and has the magical ability to transform an outfit in an instant. Personally, when I wear it I feel instantly sexier and more youthful, and I know I can’t be the only one who feels this way. What's not to love?

Just look, Marilyn, Brigette and this semi-androgynous young model who looks a little bit like Liz Taylor all rocked it back in the day. 

Photobucket

Minxy and chic don’t you think? 

Now I know leopard print can have a bad reputation so how do you wear it without looking like a *ahem* lady of the night? 

There are oh so many ways! Just look. 




I would die to own those shoes.

Now, I currently own a number of leopard print items including a dress, two skirts, some pumps, a jumper, a top, some flats and a scarf. So you can see, I really don't need any more - especially as my boyfriend TD is not a fan. To him leopard print falls clearly into Man Repeller Territory.  But I just browsed  the ASOS sale... and saw these HEAVILY DISCOUNTED leopard print dresses.

What's a girl to do? Stay tuned and you might find out soon.

 photo asos2_zps1ab62c02.jpg
 photo asos_zps0e9d7f58.jpg


Please note this post is an updated post from a previous post I wrote on my old blog.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE leopard print too! You must get the skirt if it's too hot for jackets but I agree that there is a fine line between sexy and trashy. I'm always wearing my faux fur leopard coat at the moment because it's so cold!! I love you leopard head scarf and those pumps are super cute too. It's a print I'll never get bored off =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah and Henar! I'm glad you like it. I'm very new to this so it's nice to see other people are enjoying my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leopard print is so much fun. Partly because I love it too, partly because this article reminded me how much I love *nice leopard print - there can be so much bad stuff out there - I recently ordered this top (http://heartbreakerfashion.com/mandiebee/ella-top-hip-kitty.html) and I cannot wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete